Living with Haemophilia: When “What If?” Steals Your Peace

 

A bleed can hurt your body. The fear of the next one can disturb even a peaceful day.

“What if I get hurt?”
“What if I need hospital care again?”
“What if my family has to change their plans because of me?”

When you live with haemophilia, these worries can feel familiar. After painful experiences, being afraid is understandable. You do not need to blame yourself for it.

But every frightening thought is not a prediction.

You cannot know everything tomorrow will bring. You can decide how to support yourself today.

Start with something small:

Say what you need.
Instead of hiding behind “I’m fine,” try: “I’m worried today. Can you sit with me for a while?” People may not understand your silence, but you can help them understand your needs.

Give yourself something to look forward to.
A call with a friend. A favourite film. Ten minutes doing something you enjoy. Difficult days deserve pleasant moments too.

Stop measuring your worth by how much you can do.
If you need rest or help today, you still deserve love and respect. Your family’s relationship with you is bigger than the tasks you complete.

Some days, you will feel hopeful. Other days, you may simply feel tired. Both deserve kindness.

You do not have to solve your entire future tonight.

For today, ask yourself: “What would make this day a little easier—and who can I ask for support?”

You deserve a life with care, connection and joy—even while uncertainty remains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Body, My Story: Reclaiming the Narrative of a Life Shaped by Hemophilia

Welcome Notes with Introduction